Saturday, December 27, 2008

On the Third Day of Christmas

Somehow I missed posting on the second day of Christmas ...so much for end of the year resolutions! We were busy getting ready to have company, as the Dixons came over for dinner and we amused ourselves playing Apples to Apples, a game that Norm got for Christmas!

This year I was determined to get as many decorations as possible out, after being a minimalist for several years prior. Some of my Santas decided to join the display of trains, house and buses that my Dad made by hand during his long love affair with model making.


Daddy's trains top the piano all year long, and this fall I brought out the little house and the Greyhound buses he made. Then they became a Christmas train with the addition of Rudolph and some deer and trees and Santas from my collection.

This 27th of December sees both of us flirting with colds (this is like a re-run of a bad movie; last year I came down with a cold on the 26th. Ugh.) It also has us under tornado watch until noon. The temperature was 67 degrees at 8 a.m. Unseasonable. By late this afternoon we will be back in the 30s, average for this time of year. If we don't blow away, that is.

No comments: