Sunday, December 07, 2008

A Busy Week Ahead

Why, you ask, is a picture of an African Violet the featured photo for today? Well, it's blooming now on the window sill above the sink, and it's a miniature violet, not more than three inches across, and I like it. Also, I didn't get outside to take pictures of the decorations Norm put up on our porch and railings Saturday, but I will do that this week. Meanwhile, the amaryllis I featured yesterday has put up stalk #5. I just noticed it this morning!

This afternoon we picked up Barb at the airport and she and Ava were reunited. We already miss Ava's patter and insistence on playing with the blue ball and the purple squeaky thingy. But we will surely have other chances.

I looked at the calendar and we have something to do every day and night this week! It seems like everyone wants to cram activities into the second week of December to avoid being "too close" to Christmas. At least we are going to be well fed:
  • Monday: Tai Chi for me, water exercise for both of us, and an evening church budget meeting for me.
  • Tuesday: Church-related meetings in the evening for each of us, going in different directions: Disciples Women circle for me, Soul Care for Norm. Oh, and it's supposed to be nasty, rain changing to snow. We'll have to stay tuned on that one.
  • Wednesday: The UMSL retirees luncheon, water exercise for both of us, and a holiday party at a local restaurant with the water exercise bunch.
  • Thursday: Norm volunteers at Isaiah 58 in the morning , Tai Chi for me, and the Advent Event at church in the evening features chicken and dumplings, followed by story telling, singing and gingerbread house building.
  • Friday: lunch out with a friend from water exercise, and potluck dinner with the area Ministers and Significant Others group at a home in Wildwood.
  • Saturday: a concert by the St. Louis Chamber Chorale at a church that is halfway to Tulsa from here (well, as far west in West County as you can go, anyway) --but we have heard their CDs and know one of the singers and we are looking forward to it.
Undoubtedly I have forgotten something. But if I don't blog very often, at least you'll know what we are up to! (Another answer to the question: what do retired people do all day? That headline is the most frequent search item that brings total strangers to this blog. I guess it's a question for a lot of people, but in Australia, England and Turkey? Who knew?)

No comments: