Wednesday, December 17, 2008

New Voice in Blogs I Read

Today I added a new link to the "Blogs I Read" list on the right sidebar. It's Adventures in Life, a blog by a young missionary couple in Haiti. They are serving on behalf of Global Missions of the United Church of Christ and the Christian Church Disciples of Christ. Norm and I met them in September before they started their 4-year assignment. The musings of Patrick, who is teaching English and preparing to lecture to seminary students, and of Kim, a physician who is trying to survey the needs of the health system, are well-written and compelling. They are still struggling to learn Creole, but they are already deep in ministry in less than three months.

I realize the list is getting long, but the most recently updated rise to the top of the list. Four of these blogs are written by former students. Two are by family members. One is by a friend I last saw when we were both youth attending the same church in Tulsa, 50 or more years ago. And three of them I just found randomly on other people's blogs. All of them are interesting voices and usually well written. If you are so inclined, I think you might enjoy reading some of them from time to time.

This linking among bloggers is one of the phenomena of this form of publishing. Today Home Stories has been visited by about half a dozen people who followed a link in my signature when I left a comment on averyfineline.com. You just never know.

No comments: