Saturday, March 28, 2009

The Weather Outside

For two days we have been hearing about The Big Snow that is coming. It was in Denver, then in Kansas and Oklahoma. Yesterday, I even canceled an appearance at a retreat for women in the center of Missouri because I became convinced that we would all be snowed in by this afternoon. Well, the day came and went and the snow still lingered to the west of us. Lucky for the women at the retreat who went ahead and trusted their instincts, unlike me, who believed only my fears. But the snow to the West has been amazing. Niece Debbie B in Hutchinson, KS has photos of the nearly 20 inches they received on her blog, Updates from Hutch. And Cousin Debi has posted photos of the 9 or so inches they received in Tulsa today on Debide's View. I guess tomorrow will be my turn, although we are supposed to get only 2 inches here. Right now, the wind and the rain are starting to pick up outside..... they say the snow will be here at midnight and last until about 4 a.m. I guess I'll go to bed and listen to the patter of rain on the air conditioner and the swish of tires in the street and see if I can tell what's going on by the changes in the sounds.

No comments: