Thursday, March 12, 2009

A Tale of Two Cameras

Two different days, two different cameras. The photo at right was taken on Tuesday when the little daffodils beside the house basked in the 80-degree weather. It was taken with the trusty Olympus we have had for 5 or more years, our first digital. (Full disclosure: I had already tweaked this in iPhoto for sharpness and exposure.)

Today I found a Canon SX110 on sale at a good price and snapped it up for its long zoom (10x optical) and image stabilization (which I haven't yet found out how to turn on.) A few more of these hardy flowers were blooming despite the high of 36 degrees today. (This image is as taken without any iPhoto embellishments, so the comparison is not exactly fair.) I'm looking forward to learning how to use my new toy and improving my photos.

No comments: