Saturday, March 21, 2009

The Pitter Patter of Many Web Hits

Do you know the mystery plant that is blooming in the picture? It's actually a boxwood, a broad leafed evergreen, that was planted in our back yard by the previous owner. This is the first year I have noticed this small border bush blooming. Norm and I were picking up branches and clearing out flower beds a few days ago and I was struck by a seriously sweet scent. When I traced it, it was coming from these very unimportant-looking flowers.

Today Norm went to Book Club but I spent about 6 hours with some women from my Quilt Guild working on charity quilts. I forgot to take the camera but I'll try to get some photos of them up after the April guild meeting, when we hope to show some of them off. This evening we went for a walk around our block just at twilight. The elm, maple and sweet gum trees all have tiny flowers on them. The more showy star magnolias are blooming, right on time. They almost always blossom right with the equinox! The air was full of clucks and peeps from a host of robins, all trying to set up their territories for the spring nesting season.

As for the title of this piece: I am always amused and enthralled when I get one of those "next blog" Google runs, just after posting a new entry on the blog. Yesterday after I put up the "Officially Spring" post, about 30 people from all around the world (including India, Brazil, Argentina, Peru, Israel and Saudi Arabia) clicked on Home Stories in the space of 15 minutes. Then the run stopped. But it's nice for the visitor count, and several of them looked at more than one page before clicking off. So, Home Stories has an international readership. Kind of like the sound of that!

No comments: