Sunday, March 28, 2010

Visitor # 6800

Visitor #6800 dropped by this afternoon. She has a familiar ISP and hails from Garden City. So in appreciation for your daily visits, Kay, here is the first of several pictures I took at the Orchid Show at the Botanical Garden back in February. I realized, going through my photo library, that I had promised to post these but I never got around to it. So I'll make a point of adding them to posts that otherwise wouldn't have a picture.

Kay was preceded by several cherished readers today--including the Dixons, Carol in Texas, Cous Debi in Tulsa, and others. Not much news here. The Daffodils are marching on. They took a beating from Thursday's rain that left many of them prostrate, but most of them are finally upright again. I cut a bouquet last night because we were going to have more rain. I took the bouquet to church, but had to remove it from the sanctuary before the service, because our choir's only baritone started sneezing during the rehearsal and feared he would choke up in the service. We put our flowers in the library instead as the centerpiece for coffee hour, and then our pastor took them home to enjoy. Our rain stopped about 3 p.m. and we are supposed to have a milder, warmer week albeit a bit windy. Norm and I are looking forward to visiting our favorite garden center tomorrow to pick out some pansies to brighten the porch and yard. It's almost warm enough to start moving the geraniums outside, but I think I'll wait until after Easter. This week is Spring Break at the university, so our exercise classes won't meet. We are on our own to find some way to burn a few extra calories.

Now, Kay, about those lovely comments you always leave. I've been wondering how the prom party went. When you have time, drop us a line, OK?

Between now and April 21, when I started counting visitors in 2008, I wonder how many visitors Home Stories will have? I'll do my best to post some good news and great pictures, along with an occasional link to something that has touched me. I'm looking forward to discovering who is checking in. Have a good week, everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I feel honored to be mentioned in your blog and to have a special designation - "visitor #6800"! I do love the flowers and will continue to enjoy every flower photo you post. Christopher suddenly remembered during dinner that he had seen a flower blooming when he came in from the bus after school. He and I ran outside and there were two purple crocuses (pl?) blooming. I thought it was great that he was as excited as me. Everyone else just shook their heads.

Prom was great. I'll try to send pictures later. I can't remember what I told you, but we served dinner to eight. We cooked steak and chicken and provided the salad and drinks. The other kids brought the rest. They had a good time. The girls were pretty funny in their prom dresses with bright yellow bibs tucked into the tops of them so they didn't get dirty. I offered to use china, but with a theme of Willy Wonka, Theresia didn't want to be formal. So, we found brightly colored dishes at Target, balloons, Wonka Laughy Taffy, and, just one touch of elegance, 4 yellow Gerbera daisies in a red, blue, yellow, and green glass.
Don and I went to the High School to watch the kids come in. The principal announces each couple and they walk down the decorated path in the gym. I enjoyed it, Don not so much, but he would do anything for Theresia and the other kids. It was a fun night. I'll try to get the pictures soon.
K