Sunday, March 07, 2010

Our Little Church Makes News

It was so exciting to get an e-mail from a friend with a link to this article in today's St. Louis Post-Dispatch about Happy Friday!, an outreach of our faith community, Compton Heights Christian Church. You can read the story here: Compton Heights church members bid 'Happy Friday' to passersby.

If you scroll down the page you'll come across a link to a wonderful multimedia segment that goes with it, featuring short interviews and slides and sound. (Or you can just click on the link in the previous sentence.) Norm and I have not yet made it to Happy Friday but this gives us a good idea of how much fun we are missing!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love "Happy Friday"! What a wonderful way to reach out to your community. Simple, but it lets people know you care. Who knows how many people you've cheered up when they really needed it. I love the wonderful mix of people. I think our church needs to figure out something like this that we could do. Have a great week!
k

Teaquilts said...

Judi that is a great program! It does look like fun. Wonderful what the church is doing in the community. I was making my list of websites for the March FVQG meeting and decided to stop by. I'm glad I did as that story was truly uplifting.