Sunday, June 13, 2010

Soon, Really

You can tell how behind I am in blogging because this photo of our cheerful pansies was taken on May 9. They are still blooming, but they have been replaced in this spot on the wall by a pot of purple petunias that I need to photograph. I am blaming this delay on Facebook and my genealogy addiction, plus preparations for some upcoming travels.

Saturday we spent 2 hours in the Special Collections room of the St. Louis County Public Library, looking for traces of bygone Linvilles and McElyeas and other family strains in far off North Carolina, where we will be visiting at the end of this month. Then we had a great lunch at Mi Ranchito with our friends the Dixons, whom we have been trying to get together with since before I posted the last blog! Then we went shopping for a shower gift and a massive thunderstorm moved in while we were in a nearby Target store. After we got home I wrapped the gift and did some paper work while Norm worked on de-linting the exhaust fan in the upstairs bathroom. It has a moisture sensor and it has not been shutting off as soon as it should. We decided all the lint was holding in the moisture...hope that works. More rain tonight. I critiqued a college paper for a church friend. We ate a fresh salad for supper, with baby lettuce from Thies Farm. Norm also picked our first raspberries--a handful--of the season on Friday. Sunday morning cereal with fresh berries. Can't wait, but I should go to bed first, I guess.

The title refers, of course, to when I hope to post a proper blog, not just this brief update. Meanwhile, I appreciate the faithful daily readers who still check in despite my virtual absence: Debi and or Mike; Maxine, Carol, Kay (did you know you had moved to Hutchinson?), Jan, Sandy, Doug, and a few mystery folks. Thank you all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad to have something to read on your blog. I knew there was going to be something because it took it a little longer to come up than it had been. Sounds like you've been busy. It is really cool here today - in the 50s - a nice break from last week's 100s with high winds. I must say it still looks like Garden City out my window - don't know when it became Hutchinson?? See you soon.
k