Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Linville Reunion III

Well, here I am, blogging about the Colby High School Reunion and the Linville mini- reunion in backwards order. That is, I'm starting with the gathering at Larry's on Sunday. It was a surprise early 70th birthday party for him. Here are 5 of the 6 sibs. Harold was in the hospital with breathing problems on Sunday and Monday, but we are happy to report he is home as of today. Stay well, Harold! Standing are Don, Norm and Larry, with Walt and Maxine seated.


Every get- together brings out a different batch of cousins. The 2010 cousins/ grandkids picture rounded up these 6. Doug and Carla are seated; Paula, Debbie, Dina and Judy are standing. This is the first reunion Judy has been able to attend and we were thrilled to see her. I will have more photos of other family when I get around to posting again.

And then there is The Quilt. It was first unveiled at the picnic in the park on Saturday, but at Larry's I had enough tall people to hold it almost vertical for a better shot. This weekend I learned there are at least 12 more great-great-grandkids whom I will need to add to the borders, so I'm not quite done, but it will be ready when the Spanish Lake quilters are!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking so much time to make the quilt. It is beautiful. I was looking at the blocks in the picture and it's interesting to see what different fabrics do to the pattern. They almost look like different patterns. I didn't notice that effect so much in looking at the actual quilt close up. Hope you have a wonderful day.
k

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the blog and please keep it up. Look forward to more soon. Have a great and safe trip.