Saturday, June 26, 2010

Report from the land of lilies.

The Quadrennial has been wonderful; saw old friends and made some new acquaintances. Just happened to sit next to a woman at lunch from Ash Grove who knew one of my family members who had belonged to that church. The world just gets smaller. But there has not been time to just think and compose, or even upload pictures...and I'm really sleepy tonight. Tomorrow is the last session and then we are off in search of all things Linville in NC. With luck, I'll rest up and get some photos posted and also some updates. Whenever!

One thing about North Carolina roads...at least on U.S. Highways and Interstates, all the exchanges are planted with masses of day lilies in yellow, gold, orange and multiple mixtures. It is a spectacular sight that's hard to capture when one is keeping her eye on the road at 60 m.p.h. but if I get a chance, I'll try to get a shot of them.

No comments: