Friday, January 08, 2010

Norm and Ava in the Snow

When Ava came to visit yesterday she had a bright new red sweater in her travel bag. Must have been a gift from Santa. Anyway, it came in handy this afternoon with our below zero wind chill index. In this picture, Norm is wearing 2 to 4 layers (depending on the article of clothing.) He topped off his gray hat with the red one so I thought this outing would make a good picture.

Not a lot to add. It's cold. Get used to it. At least until next week. The thaw apparently starts Monday, when it warms up enough to snow (showers) again. But by Wednesday they are promising 40! I hardly dare hope.

Today I put on some of my Damart long johns that I first ordered 35 years ago when one of our first years in St. Louis provided us with more bone chilling cold than we had ever had living in Denver. And then I put on sweat pants. And a t-shirt, a turtleneck, and a hoodie. Two pairs of socks. And I wasn't even planning to go outside with the dog. A decade of milder winters sort of ruined us for this kind of extended cold, but thank goodness I never gave away the long johns!

No comments: