Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Fogbound in St. Louie

It has been foggy here for so long, I have kind of lost track; I think it started Friday night, maybe. Anyway, it feels like a week! I understand news of our fog has spread as far as sunny Florida, so I thought I'd share a few views that I photographed about 5:30 p.m. CST today.
Above is the view from our back porch, over the roof of our garage toward the east.

At left is the view looking up the street to the North from our house. We are fairly near the airport, and the visibility at Lambert Intl. was officially 1/8 of a mile all day. Several times, like when we drove to campus this morning for our Silver Moves exercise class, it felt like it was about 1/10 of a mile. I don't see how planes are managing to land with just about 0 ceiling. Come to think of it, haven't heard as many as usual.

We have heard that rain is coming tomorrow-- oh great, just in time for my birthday. At least it may disperse some of the fog. Meanwhile, ghostly trees like this one south of our neighbor Barb's house inhabit our landscape on every side. Tomorrow morning we have meetings but hope to get a late lunch out before my quilt guild in the evening. On Friday, we hope to drive up river to see what the eagles are doing, and maybe get some bird pictures. If these "little cat feet" will just move on, that is.

No comments: