Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Sam Leaves, Summer Arrives

The last time it wasn't raining (Saturday, I think) I hung my latest quilt to be finished from a door frame on our porch and took its picture for the quilt gallery I keep at right. I loved this view of it hanging alongside one of the geraniums we kept alive in the south window through the winter, with the hanging basket of glorious impatiens, a present from Doug, in the background. It all just says "summer is here."

We thought Sam would be going back to Edwards- ville on Sunday, so Norm gave him a good combing out on the porch on Saturday. I figured I should give Norm equal time with Sam on the blog. As it turned out, Sam stayed with us until Tuesday night so Matt could rest up from a stressful IT project.


Sam and Matt will be heading for Florida this upcoming weekend, probably. Doug is doing some research related to his book on Southern Gospel at a university archive in Nashville this week, and he'll attend a conference in Indiana before heading for Florida, too.

Norm and I are relaxing for a couple of days, after a hectic weekend setting up, helping to staff, and helping to take down our church's booth at the 2009 Gypsy Caravan sale. A report with pictures is on the Compton Rising Blog if you are interested.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the quilt with the flowers. The quilt looks quite beautiful. Looking forward to seeing you soon.
kl