Friday, May 22, 2009

Opening Weekend of Summer

Everything is so green, so blooming, it's not hard to say that summer is here! We have had 4 straight sunny days in the low '80s which is about perfect. Now the humidity is rising, a tropical type storm in the Gulf is supposed to trigger showers over the weekend. Of course. It's Memorial Day Weekend. It always rains.

We are really enjoying our visit from Sam, except for his habit of "alerting" us to a couple who take their morning walk about 5:30 a.m. We used to just sleep right through it before Sam took up residence at the foot of our bed!

I've been trying to finish up my allotment of Gypsy Bags for the church booth on Monday. Plus I've been pricing items people have donated for the sale and trying to create a computerized inventory of them. Last night I took off and went to quilt guild and enjoyed seeing someone else's perfect work on display. I'll try to post more pictures as soon as I can process some.

No comments: