Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Thank You, Dear Readers

It was one year ago today that I launched a counter for this blog using SiteMeter. As of this writing, there have been 3,368 views of the blog and 4,417 page views. That's an average of 14 blog hits and 17 page views each day. It always amazes me to see who is checking in, even if they are doing a google search from England to buy a vehicle known in those parts as a "gypsy caravan," or from anywhere in the U.S. around Halloween looking for "orgy stories." Most of the family and friend ISPs I can recognize, although sometimes your provider moves the location of the server. Sometimes Colby moves to Monument; Tulsa has recently moved to Wagoner, Cape Coral is really Ft. Myers, and I'm still trying to figure out who is in Kearny--whether that's the former North Platte. At least it keeps me occupied. I first learned about SiteMeter at the MCMA conference in Joplin in April of 2008. Just goes to prove that a person with a Medicare Card can still learn a thing or two. Thank you for your comments and your e-mails and I'll try to keep posting something of interest in the coming year.

PS: the photo is of the Linville Rose; it made it through the winter in its pot, sunk in the ground.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to learn that my quickly advancing age does not mean an end to my ability to acquire knowledge. I am currently taking my 2nd esl class of the year and plan to take the praxis test on June 13. You are supposed to take 6 esl classes to pass it, not 2. However, one of our superintendents teaches a "cliff notes" type of class which will hopefully force feed four classes worth of knowledge into my brain. If I don't pass the praxis, I can take it again. So, I decided why not give it a try. We'll see if my old brain is up to the challenge.
kl