Friday, April 03, 2009

Spring Marches On

Down the street, there are two 20-foot tall trees that just glow red in the spring. Not surprising, they are red maples. This year I was too late to catch the flowers in detail but the emerging winged seeds on these red stems are a great reminder of all the future trees to come.

This weekend is an Ava weekend at our house, since Barb is vacationing in Florida. Ava brought her appetite, her cuddly presence on our laps, and her big red ball (the blue one went AWOL on a road trip this winter) to our house yesterday. The brand name of this toy is the Holey Roller, and it's available at PetSmart. Ava will play with it for hours, by herself or with a human. (In fact, Ava likes it so much she persuaded us to get a smaller one as a present for a certain miniature poodle when he arrives for an upcoming visit. She wants to get to know him better!)

It looks like a warm sunny day here in the heartland. We should get out and do something. But today is the only day this week we haven't had an appointment or a meeting or a task. Ava and Norm are taking a morning nap. I think I might go to Tai Chi at noon for the first time in months. Yesterday our friend Dave finished up the repairs to our basement steps and all we are waiting on now is for another friend to come and do some painting--after tax season is over.

I did notice a drop off of hits on the blog on April 1. Only my Mac using friends and family kept their usual rounds. I guess many of our regular visitors were offline because of the virus concerns. Or maybe dandelions aren't April Fools material. Anyway, if you are back, glad to see you!

1 comment:

Sam said...

New toys? Where? Who? Me? My favorite multi-color jack just disappeared last week ... I suspect a conspiracy but have insufficient data to know for sure. I did however get a few strands of stuffing in my mouth before The Disappearance.

Love,
S