Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Yes we are still here

Sorry, no good photos today. We have had up and down wild and wet weather but nothing severe. Norm is trying to catch a cold. I've been trying to talk him out of it, with Vitamin C, chicken soup, frequent solicitations, etc. I have been worrying about my sore shoulder for more than a month, so I finally saw the orthopedist yesterday, got an Xray, have an MRI scheduled for next week and also will start some physical therapy. Guess what? Tonight it feels better than it has in 6 weeks. Go figure. Speaking of figuring, TurboTax and I filed our 2008 federal and state taxes electronically tonight. The whole thing took a little over 2-1/2 hours. Of course, the refund is already spoken for, 8 times over, but it's still nice. I've had Oklahomans on my mind today after the tornadoes of yesterday. I hope my Sperry relatives were out of harm's way from wind and hail. And thanks to Tricia in Dallas for commenting on my blog post about my father. I love how the Internet re-connects people who haven't seen each other since childhood but have a common bond in something, in this case the church we attended. SW Florida, glad you stopped by! More news in a few days when there is something to report, and a decent illustration. (Isn't that the requirement for TV news--it has to be visual? Eeek. I've caught the disease!)

No comments: