Saturday, February 07, 2009

More Charity Quilts

A week ago today, the last day of January, six members of Flower Valley Quilt guild met in the Upper Room at Zion Lutheran Church (where we hold meetings and workshops) to make progress on some of the charity quilts we hope to donate to the homeless family I mentioned in an earlier post.

Carol (above) brought her machine and stitched fabric "sand- wiches" of top, backing and batting to be turned. Doris (right) turned the first sandwich and pinned it to ready it for tying. Doris first brought the plight of the homeless family to our membership and some of these tops are ones that she pieced. Others were made last year by other guild members.

Kathy preferred to tie a top standing up, while Teresa and Judy (below) tackled one sitting down. Tying is harder than it looks, and a little tedious.

Good progress was made on the project but we have more to do. I had to leave at noon to attend a funeral, and I still have a top here at home that I need to sandwich, stitch and turn. Then I need to find some folks to help me tie it. When it's done, I'll post a picture or two.

No comments: