Sunday, February 17, 2008

Catching Up: Birthday

For the last three weeks I seem to have been busy with other things, or else not quite ready to write. I apologize for the silence and hope readers haven't lost patience with me! The night after my birthday, we had a full moon that just after sunset seemed caught in the branches of the backyard maple.

On my birthday, I woke up to find out that I was having a virtual birthday party. Norm had e-mailed my entire address book, I think, inviting people to send me electronic greetings. He forwarded all of the e-mails to my in-box and I also received several neat e-cards as well. All of them were so creative and wonderful. A special greeting came from Sam, the grand-dog, in Florida, who persuaded his people to send me a picture of him with his favorite toy.

Also waiting for me was one of the biggest bouquets of mums and daisies I had ever seen. These flowers were bionic, too. Some of them stayed fresh all the way to Valentine's day!

In addition to the virtual birthday party, there was an actual one as well. With Duncan Hines's help, Norm baked a scrumptious devil's food cake topped with caramel icing and yes...some of Maxine and Roy's Texas Pecans. He invited our friends Mike and Sandy and our neighbor Barb to share the calories! Yum.

Here is the party mastermind cutting the cake for our guests. I think this has to be the very best birthday I have ever had. Thank you to everyone who wrote or called. And above all, thanks to Norm, who really does know how to organize a party!

No comments: