Friday, August 11, 2006

Just A Little Late

Ever since I started thinking about retirement, which was back in 2003 when Norm retired, I said I intended to start publishing a blog. I was inspired by the work of some of my friends and students, especially Doug's fine blog commenting on Southern Gospel Music: Averyfineline.com. Then niece Debbie sent us a link to her blog, Updates and Reflections, that chronicles her life and family news, with wonderful pictures. I wanted something sort of in-between; a blog that sometimes was a little edgy with commentary but on ordinary days let our family and friends from Thailand to the Netherlands, from Oregon to Florida, peek in on what we have been up to. But still I procrastinated--even after retiring from my university teaching job a few months back....

A week or so ago, Doug observed that I have a habit of "thinking about it" that sometimes drags on for years. He was referring to my past decade of deliberating whether to get another dog or not, but he could have been talking about my publishing plans, too. So here it is, a little late, and still in need of refinement as I try to figure out how to use these tools. But feel free to check in whenever you please and I promise to keep your e-mail inboxes less cluttered!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice job. And right on time:) Seriously, I like the template. dh