Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Anniversary

Tomorrow is our 38th wedding anniversary. That August day in 1968 was hot and humid, and tomorrow threatens to be the same. We'll be celebrating as well as traveling to visit my cousins, Mike and Debi Burch, in Tulsa. We also are going to visit Fayetteville, Ark. for the centennial of Ella Carnall Hall, my undergraduate residence hall, which is now a celebrated Inn where students learn in the U of A hospitality program. (Norm is excited that he gets to stay in a women's dorm!) We'll send updates from the road if I can find the right web browsers, or after we return to this modern computer at home. I took this photo a couple of evenings ago of a male Ruby Throated hummingbird sitting on the electric line behind our house. I had tried to get a picture of him at the feeder, but he was too fast for me. I thought the silhouette against the sunset sky captured something of the sense that August brings...change, and perhaps a flight or two, are in the wind. More later.

No comments: