Saturday, August 28, 2010

Visitor #8000 Was---Myself!

I got all excited this evening to see that the 8000th visitor had been to this blog....and then I realized when I looked at SiteMeter that it was me, on my iPad!. I have the counting software set to ignore the IP address of this computer, so my visits to read the site or to post something don't count. But apparently the iPad, although it is accessing the web through my home wireless setup, has a different IP address than the computer. Anyway, now I will need to take into account the views of the blog I make remotely when I'm marking viewing milestones. So, #8001, you will be the special one today. (Unless you are the GoogleBot...) Hmmm...I know what the problem is, I'm using a different browser (Safari) on the iPad than the one I use (Firefox) on this computer. I think hiding Safari from this IP can be fixed if I can remember how I managed to get it to ignore Firefox....Technology can get complicated. I think I'll devote most of today (Saturday) to quilting instead--it's Scrap Quilt Club meeting day: 6 hours of sewing with about 20 dear friends. Wheeeee!

No comments: