Saturday, July 31, 2010

Visitor 7800 Came All the Way from Texas!

Visitor # 7800 is.....my sister-in-law Maxine, in Texas. Maxine, I know you love bird houses, so I'm posting this photo of the one we bought at this year's Gypsy Caravan just for you. It graces our back yard perennial border. I wish you and Roy could come to visit us when everything is growing, so we could trade notes on gardening and cooking. Glad you stopped by tonight!

Today was cooler--high 80s--we went to the store, and Norm barbecued hamburgers and chicken tonight so we have some meals in the freezer now. Yesterday I worked on charity quilts with some guild friends--we have 16 more quilts sandwiched and ready to tie or machine quilt. It was a productive day. Tonight I made some brownies for church coffee hour tomorrow. They will go with the melons we got at the store. It is August tomorrow. If I were still teaching at the university, I would feel like summer is over. I still get those pangs sometimes. We have only one more week of water exercise, and then we are off until after Labor Day. This week I've hit the specials on school supplies because we are collecting donations for our church's local mission, Isaiah 58 ministries. I'm looking at all the plants I still haven't taken outside for the summer, or repotted, and shaking my head. But the truth is, the weather forecast for Tuesday is 99 degrees, so we still have some summer left. I'm going to do my best to enjoy it.

No comments: