Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Reunion Quilt is in the Frame!

Yesterday the family reunion quilt was put into the quilting frame by the group that is quilting it--and letting me quilt with them. Today I worked for two hours and finished one block--some of the quilting on it is visible near the bottom of the picture. The others have been working on quilting the border and wanted me to finish a block so it could be the example--saves having to mark the whole quilt ahead of time. From this angle, no way can I get the whole quilt in the photo. The finished size will be 97 inches square! I hope we can be finished before snow is on the ground---meanwhile, as of today, 1 block down, 63 to go!

1 comment:

Steve Givens said...

Beautiful...next time we get together tell me about the origins of the name...