Monday, February 22, 2010

Quilts from Retreat

The annual Flower Valley Quilt Guild retreat ended yesterday with a Show and Tell session. I didn't do the retreat project, although it was lovely, because I am on a mission to finish up some projects that have been hanging around for a while, and get them on their way to someone who will love them.

The Sunbonnet Sue blocks, depicting Sue through the seasons, was an optional block project from several years ago. I won the drawing for some of the blocks, and finally set them with sashing and borders. Next step is to get it quilted, and maybe it can be my next raffle donation. The second quilt is the Linville Family Reunion project, with signature blocks from gatherings in 1992-1995. Relatives have quit even asking me when it will be finished. But it is getting closer! I have rearranged the original plan of 9 blocks by 9 blocks, to be 8x8. It was simply getting too big. All signatures will be included, but some will go in the border instead of having their own pieced blocks. Each block is unique, pieced primarily of vintage 1930s fabrics donated by Norm's Aunt Doris in 1991, with a few '30s reproduction prints added for variety. There are now 7 rows by 7 rows complete and added to the top. Only two more rows to go--one each way. On this retreat I finished the vertical row on the far right.

No comments: