Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Quilt for a Cause

My sofa-throw-sized quilt, "Let Freedom Shine," is going to be featured at the Compton Heights Christian Church first ever bazaar on Dec. 5. There will be a drawing at 4 p.m. that day, and if you are interested in tickets (only $1 each,) please e-mail me (the link is in my profile near the bottom right of the blog page.) The blocks were made by members of my quilt guild in July 2007, and I managed to get them sewn together this past winter, and it was my first large-scale machine quilting effort this summer. I did finish it in the nick of time to put it in the Guild quilt show in September. The bazaar will feature hand-made gifts and ornaments, imported fair trade gift items and fair trade coffee, tea and chocolate, some other trinkets and treasures, and baked goods. It will be from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Dec. 5 at Compton Heights, 2149 S. Grand Blvd. in south St. Louis. Y'all come!

No comments: