Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Popular Searches & Friends Update

As I recently wrote, I'm now trying out Facebook, the social networking site. So far I have 32 friends, who really ARE friends from different walks of life: my high school, my church, former students, and family and neighbors. It strikes me that Facebook is a modern party line--some of us are old enough to remember the distinctive rings that denoted which neighbor was getting a call. All you had to do to learn the news was pick up the phone and listen in, discreetly. With Facebook, you just log in and see who has done what since you last looked. Amazing.

As for this blog, Home Stories, it is not going away. But I am always amazed at the search terms that bring newcomers, probably for only one time. The two most popular search terms for 2009 so far are "Indian Camp" or its variant, "Indian Camp Creek" , and anything having to do with Ft. Sill. Little did I know when we visited in June that I was writing about a place that seems to draw interest all over the country. So now you know, faithful regular readers, what the outsiders are looking for. At least it's not orgies--a term I once used loosely in connection with flowers, I think, and that brought a lot of lookers for a while!

No comments: