Monday, January 26, 2009

And One for Us

After Christmas I put my newest quilt on our bed. It's a double Irish Chain that I started, um, about 1990. It's the last of three quilts that I made in classes taught by Phyllis Bennett, one of the founders of the Flower Valley Quilt Guild. The top had been finished for about a decade, but I didn't have time to hand quilt it and I haven't yet learned how to machine quilt. I found a group, the Spanish Lake Quilters, who quilt to benefit a non-profit civic organization. They did a wonderful job of hand quilting it in about 4 months. This quilt is lightweight, but very warm and just right for the cold nights we have had this January.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh I do heart quilts. Seeing all these pics (esp that new one on your bed!) made me go get out the magnificent specimen you made for us ... and it's "cold" here in FLA just now so I just might add another one to the bed tonight. Love, d

PS The old tension about using and preserving lovingly from Walker's Everyday Use applies of course.