Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Retirement Starts For Real

This is just a short note, since I've been busy going through files, going to the skin doctor, and scratching the chiggers I picked up at the women's retreat over the weekend. I need to write more and I have photos of Orchard Crest camp, as well as last week's garage roofing party, but they will have to wait another day. And starting Wednesday, Ava the Wonder Dog will be staying with us for a whole week while Barb travels! We are planning to spoil her with forbidden treats and teach her annoying tricks!

But yesterday (Monday) the student newspaper published an editorial about my retirement as their adviser, an event which took place without any fanfare or notice last week. I include the link here if anyone wants to read it. (Click on the word here in that last sentence.) It has taken two years, but it's finally done. I still feel a little sad about leaving this position, but I'm sure new projects will be calling my name soon; heck, they are calling already. More soon.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

I just hope you know how many lives you have touched. :)

St. Casserole said...

Absolutely lovely! Thank you for sharing this with us.

Anonymous said...

The Current's tribute was very nice, indeed, Judi (although they kept misspelling "adviser").

Thanks for all you have done for me personally over the years. I am thankful that I worked at The Current during your tenure as adviser.