Thursday, July 03, 2008

It Seems Like it Ought to Be Friday Already

This week has been something of a blur. On Sunday we enjoyed helping to staff our church's booth at the annual Pride Fest in Tower Grove park, despite some brief rain showers. That evening we learned that our friend Norma had died during the afternoon. Today the church was nearly full as her far-flung family, many friends, and church people gathered for a memorial service and celebration of her life. More is on my church blog at this link.

Norm and I have started to clean house in anticipation of a gathering here next month to celebrate one of those anniversaries that ends in "0". More details will come in future posts. But for now we are trying to put things back in their places, find homes for things we no longer use or need, and perk the place up a bit. Two stories plus a basement can hide a lot of stuff that just creeps in when you aren't looking. I'm getting some inspiration from a great blog I've found, called The Unclutterer. I recommend it if you are a hoarder like me. (When my mother found out that Norm also was a teacher and we BOTH collected books, magazines and papers, she observed: "you two deserve each other." Here we are 40 years later. Who knew?

I hope to get back to regular posting this weekend. I know a lot of you have been checking in and I appreciate it. Please feel free to leave comments at any time.

***News Flash: Barb has decided that Ava will remain Ava. Thanks anyway to all of you who suggested names. Barb said that Ava responds so well and obeys so well when she hears her name that it would be silly to try to change it now. But we still hear someone out in Barb's yard calling "Sweetie" from time to time!

No comments: