Saturday, June 28, 2008

Our Neighbor's Dog Needs a Name

Here's our newest neighbor, a golden retriever - poodle mix who came with the name of Ava. She belongs to Barb, our neighbor, but she seems quite at home at our place as well!

From what we read, "doodles" are easy to train, happy, smart dogs and Ava seems to be no exception. She is 8 months old and already knows how to sit. Weighs about 23 pounds and comes to my knees. She is crate trained and well housebroken. Barb wants to give her a new name, though, since Ava just doesn't fit. If you have any suggestions, leave a comment, OK?

Ava's previous human was a 20- something male, and she seems to be especially glad to see Norm every time she comes over to our house. The young man found himself relocating out of the country and couldn't keep her, and through a series of amazing connections, Ava "found" Barb. We can't wait for Barb to take a business trip so that Ava (or Molly, or Sophie, or ??? ) can stay with us!

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Oh my goodness what a cute pup! I cannot wait to move out and get one of my own. I've always wanted to name my future dog Eleanor.
Also I have a giant trash bag full to the brim with diet coke cans. (I hope my family has taken note of how much soda they drink! diet or not!)
I have class on tuesday and thursdays at 5:30. Can I drop it by your place one night before class?

debide said...

I think they should name the dog "Scruffy"....... She just looks like the kind of dog you could hold her head and just toss her hair and be scruffy...lol

Anonymous said...

This site might help ...
http://www.dogforums.com/cms/female-dog-names

Anonymous said...

Oops ... forgot to say that was me, doug, with the dog name link.

Anonymous said...

i would say name her triton, but that name is already taken. but she is a cute dog. hope everything is going well, - Paul