Monday, April 21, 2008

Update on Norm

Norm had cataract surgery on his right eye today. He is home and comfortable and we are doing the eyedrops drill. He will have a post-op visit with his surgeon tomorrow. Thanks for all the prayers and good thoughts. I'll update more soon.

Earthquake update: still getting aftershocks. One at 12:40 a.m. (I was still awake) shook the bed again. I went to sleep. Figured the house has been dealing with these longer than I have--87 years. Found out this morning it was a 4.0. There were some smaller aftershocks, too. I think I felt one ripple through the floor earlier this evening when I was surfing the web. That little Wabash Fault is getting frisky. Hope its big brother the New Madrid doesn't follow suit.

HTML update: I'm proud of myself. I signed up for SiteMeter to see how many visits this blog gets, since people e-mail me all the time saying "I read your blog but didn't have time to comment." Don't worry, I didn't get the deluxe version that tells me who you are. Just that someone (Kilroy, maybe?) was here. And I added the JavaScript HTML code to the sidebar all by myself. (Well, it was a copy and paste operation, but I did have to figure out WHERE to paste it in a forest of the template's HTML. And I got it right the first time!) Hooray for that Summer 1990 basic html course. Who knew I would still be able to use it? The logo is below the Archives in the Sidebar if you want to look at it.

1 comment:

debide said...

Very cool sitemeter! Maybe you can "talk" me through setting it and the html.
Love to Norm
debi