Tuesday, December 22, 2009

We'll Have a Rainy Christmas--Maybe

While I can, I'll post these pictures of some of the outdoor decorations. A few days ago, the Weather Service thought we might have a white Christmas. Now the snow is out of the forecast and rain is in: two or three inches of it and flood warnings as well. The Christmas winter storm looks massive on the forecast maps but we are supposed to be on the "warm" side, or at least above freezing, until Friday morning. Of course, it could still change...

I want to salute Visitor 5600, who was cousin Mike or cousin Debi in Tulsa, earlier this evening. I can't always tell who is visiting, but I'm pretty sure you are my only regular Tulsa viewers. Although someone using a Tulsa Library computer dropped in earlier today; they were researching--you guessed it--Ft. Sill.

Last evening we had a great dinner out with our friends Mike and Sandy. We got the 2 for $14.99 specials at O'Charley's and had enough take out left to make another meal for us both this evening. Today was one of those days when I knew I had a lot to do but just couldn't get started on any of it. I blame it on the falling barometer and incipient bad weather. Tonight we went to Soul Care, a mini retreat our church has two Tuesdays each month. It was relaxing and refreshing as we shared stories of Christmas past. Tomorrow I'll brave the rain (which started falling as we drove home) and pick up some last minute grocery items at the store. I know I'm baking a pie for Christmas Eve dinner in Edwardsville, but haven't gotten the memo about the rest of the menu yet. There is still time.

We have been thinking of niece Debbie B. in Hutch, hoping she will be recovered from surgery and up and around soon. Also thinking of everyone who has travel plans and wants to get home, or somewhere like home, for the holidays. And I'm thinking of my cousins in Tulsa, wondering if Mike has the train up around the tree yet and if they are ready for the grandson invasion. Merry Christmas to our family, wherever you are this season. We love you all.

No comments: