Monday, September 14, 2009

Our Quilt Show is Coming to Florissant!

These days I'm trying to find time to finish my own quilts for the Flower Valley Quilting Guild's biennial show, which will be Sept. 26 and 27 at Atonement Lutheran Church in Florissant, MO. Hours are 10-4 on Saturday and Noon-4 on Sunday. Visitors can vote for their favorites in several categories on Saturday (my own two wall quilts will be there....) Ribbons will be in place on Sunday. I plan to hang out there most of the time both days. Admission is only $5, children under 10 are free. The quilt shown here was pieced and quilted by guild members and it will be raffled to raise funds for our guild programs the next two years. About 300 items ranging from clothing to full size quilts will be on display, plus we have a whole passel of neat vendors. Do try to attend if you can; the next show won't be until 2011.

Right now I'm finishing machine quilting and binding my entries. Once they are ready for the camera, I'll add them to my quilt gallery at the right of the blog.

No comments: