Thursday, October 30, 2008

Visitor #1600, Mysteries and A Tree Frog

Today was a glorious fall day with a high of around 74 degrees and unlimited sunshine. Because I spent a large part of the day at our old church in Florissant, helping friends there serve a funeral dinner, I didn't spend as much time outside as I would have liked. The weather is supposed to hold, so I will try to get some fall pictures tomorrow.

Tonight as Norm and I came home from water exercise, I could hear a TREE FROG in our neighbor's yard. Still calling although summer is long gone. It felt like a spring night, though, and tomorrow we should have literally hundreds (our highest past number was 249) of trick or treaters. We hope we have enough candy.

This morning visitor # 1600 checked in and the prize (if there were one) goes to one of the Linvilles in Colby. I'm never sure, but I suspect it was you, Jan. I got to looking at my sitemeter report and found some interesting things. First, we seem to have a new, in-depth reader on Verizon with an ISP that is located in Flower Mound, Texas. Since that is in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex there are any number of folks it could be, family or not. Anyway, glad to have you. And for some reason today we have had a lot of visitors from overseas: England, Turkey, India and Mauritius, even. They were searching for things that retired people do, or gardening. Sorry if you were disappointed. And finally, I have come to regret ever using the word "orgy" in a headline for a blog post. I think it was about orchids, and the huge show at our local botanical garden last year. Anyway, a couple of times a week, people searching for "orgy stories" turn up this post. I guess most of them are surprised and disappointed. What amazes me is the kinds of phrases people will put into a search engine and look for on the Internet!

I should have some photos soon. Meanwhile, happy Halloween, everyone, whether you are retired or not, whether you have a garden, whether you are looking for a gypsy caravan (a popular search on my Compton church blog) or whether you are planning an orgy. Or not.

No comments: