Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Ice Gone, Just Winter

Our ice storm was mostly a freezing drizzle event on Saturday, and the threatened heavy freezing rain on Sunday attacked our neighbors to the west while a slight warmup (to 36 degrees!) melted most of the ice that accumulated in Round I. We were thankful to retain our heat and light, and mindful of those without.

We have been cleaning house, putting away holiday clutter, and I've been getting ready for teaching this spring semester. I have one class in Feature Writing that meets on Mondays and Wednesdays, and the first session is tomorrow. So far I have 21 students enrolled, and the department let me have a private office, so I'm all set to begin.

The photo is of Doug's amaryllis--an offspring of mom Linville's plant. It started blooming on Epiphany and the second stalk of it looks like it will open this weekend...just in time for someone's birthday. Will you still need me, will you still feed me, when I'm 64?

No comments: